History of United Financial
United Financial Credit Union was formed in 1964 to serve a small group of tool and die workers in the Bridgeport area. What started out in the home of one of our founding members grew into our former main office of 49 years on Dixie Highway near Bridgeport.
Eventually, United Financial added a branch office which is now located on State Street in Saginaw Township. Our membership has expanded to not only include tool and die shops, but manufacturers, grocers, and several other organizations that we call sponsor groups.
July 2003 – We changed our name from United Saginaw Credit Union to United Financial Credit Union. We could now expand our field of membership to include people that live, work or worship in Saginaw, Bay or Midland counties.
December 2003 – Valley Communities Federal Credit Union in Chesaning agreed to merge with United Financial Credit Union, resulting in a third office.
May 2005 – we opened our fourth location in Freeland located in the Pat’s Food Center complex. This office has state of the art Secure Tellers.
February 27, 2008 – we opened the doors on our brand new Saginaw Office, on State St. This new building is at the same location as the previous State St. office. This new office also has the Secure Tellers, which offer privacy and security for our members.
April 28, 2008 – United Financial Credit Union hits $100 Million in assets!!
May 19, 2009 – United Financial opens their fifth location in Auburn!
January 1, 2011 – United Financial merges in Consumers Choice Credit Union, resulting in our sixth location on Weiss St in Saginaw.
June 24, 2013 – United Financial opens their new Administration Office located on State St in Saginaw.
January 1, 2017 – United Financial merges in Christopher Credit Union in Chesaning.
March 2017 – New office located at 1720 W. Brady Road in Chesaning opens.
January 2018 – Our field of membership has grown – the Credit Union is now able to offer membership to anyone that lives, works, worships or attend school within any county in the State of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
June 2019 – New building construction starts for new Auburn location at 1026 W. Midland Road.