United Financial CU Scholarship
It’s Time to Apply for a United Financial Scholarship!
We are excited to once again offer our young members the opportunity to apply for one of our four (4) college scholarship awards, each in the amount of $500. If your high school senior is making plans to attend college, be sure to have them apply for a United Financial scholarship to help pay for college related expenses. The deadline to submit applications is March 31, 2021
To qualify, applicants need to be:
- A member in good standing at United Financial Credit Union.
- Be a graduating High School Senior
- Be accepted as an incoming freshman to a college, university or trade/craft school
If qualifications are met, applicant must submit all required attachments with application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- REQUIRED: Fully complete the application.
- REQUIRED: Submit an essay OR send a video (see Essay or Video)
- REQUIRED: Attach enrollment verification supportive documents with application or email/mail to provided address. (See Scholarship Application Summary)
Scholarship entry packet must be submitted, emailed or postmarked by March 31, 2021. Entries postmarked after that date will be ineligible. Finalists selected will be contacted by April 30, 2021
Essay or Video
All applications must include a typed essay OR a video entry. You must answer the three required questions, and for the third question, you can choose from three options.
Please attach your essay when mailing this application.
**Video submissions are accepted over email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can email the video if size permits or by emailing a link to your video. (For example: Youtube, Dropbox, Google Drive etc)
1. Required: What do you actively do to help in your community or what have you done in the past? Why is community involvement important to you?
2. Required: How can the credit union better engage with a younger demographic? (Think of yourself, what would you like to see more of)
3. Required: (Please choose one option)
• Option 1: What avenues of communication do you prefer for learning banking information?
• Option 2: How will you use the products and services of United Financial CU to budget during college?
• Option 3: What would help YOU learn more about banking? (For example: Free educational seminars, more blogs, tips on our credit union page,etc)