2020 was a rough year for all of us, but some had it worse than others. That’s why United Financial Credit Union started a Kindness Campaign with our employees starting in October. Spreading kindness into our communities is an integral part of what we do, now more than ever. In December, we gave staff funds to accomplish as many acts of kindness as they could locally. Here are just a few of those acts:
- Christmas gifts were donated at local churches for children for the holidays.
- Food donations were made to local animal shelters. These animal shelters also provide food to less fortunate families that are struggling to feed their pets.
- Donations were made to Toys for Tots which helps out families struggling during the holiday season and they have seen a huge increase in numbers this year.
- Over 800 kids this holiday season were able to receive gifts this year because of donations made to Santa’s Workshop. This year a local businessman turned his firework store into a toy store to make kids’ dreams come true.
- Items were donated to the Underground Railroad which helps domestic violence victims and will provide them shelter and resources.
- The Mustard Seed Shelter, an organization that helps women and children that are currently homeless get back on their feet, received donations of money and gifts.
- To spread some joy over the holiday break donations of arts and craft packets were made to an elementary school.
- Donations were made to Emmaus House. This organization helps women that were in jail or in a rehab program, they are able to get housing and programs for them to get their lives back together. Food and other items were also donated to Emmaus House so that residents could have their own Ugly Sweater Christmas party
- Donations were given to Child and Family Services. This organization provides counseling to individuals and families, and also has a sexual assault center to help survivors.
- Donations of holiday gifts were sent to Adoption Option, Inc for kids for Christmas.
- Donations of food were made to East Side Soup Kitchen – they serve over 700 people a day and now need items individually packaged due to covid.
- Food donations were also made to Hidden Harvest which serves between 750 – 1,000 meals to area soup kitchens.
- Gift bags were donated to Edgewood Assisted Living center in order to bring cheer to residents that were unable to see their families for Christmas.
- Donations of blankets, hats and gloves were made to local children just placed into Foster Care.
- Full Christmas meals to two local Vets for the holidays.
- We helped a member that was recently in a bad car accident, lost her father, and her child was in the ICU.
- 6 local assisted living homes were gifted with cookie decorating kits from an area bakery for the holidays.
Visit their website at www.unitedfinancialcu.org to learn more about the Credit Union and their Kindness Campaign.
United Financial Credit Union was founded in 1964 to serve a small group of tool and die workers in the Bridgeport area. United Financial currently has six locations located in Bridgeport, Saginaw Township, Chesaning, Freeland and Auburn and serves over 21,000 members. We are happy to offer membership to anyone that lives, works, worships or attends school within any county in the State of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. Contact us at www.unitedfinancialcu.org or 989-777-3620.